Frequently Asked Questions
We are constantly working to raise the bar on our products and services. If you have any questions or concerns about our products, our affiliate program, or anything else, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]. We'd be happy to help.
I am really tall / short. Is it a one size fits all?
Ablespine works perfectly well for most heights from 120cm ( 4ft ) to 192cm ( 6ft 4in ). A key design feature of the ablespine is the head support that provides support of your head & neck during its application. For anyone over 6 foot 4 inches, their head may start to go over the end of the head piece and put too much extension into the neck. For anyone taller (e.g AFL or Basketball athletes) we recommend the use of a pillow or yoga block to prevent the neck from hyperextending. We are also in the process of developing a secondary clip-on piece to provide neck support for much taller users.
I’m feeling a little tender or sore after l use the ablespine?
It can feel a bit tender the first couple of times as it's dynamically stretching the mid back area. In this case, you can pop a towel over the unit to soften the density of the Ablespine. Ensure that your head and neck is supported on the head piece. With each day, the soft tissue of the postural muscles, relax and get used to it, it will become easier with use. After this time, you will then be able to progress to the other two recovery postures which stretch even deeper. It's important to note, that you need to keep at it and make sure you are in the correct position. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] for any specific questions or concerns.
How does it compare to a foam roller?
1. Laying directly on a generic foam roller puts too much force directly on your spine.
2. Generic rollers provide a small surface area to lay on, which can be painful for your spine.
3. Generic rollers hyperextend and overstretch the thoracic spine. This can lead to micro-trauma and injury.
4. Laying on a generic roller provides very minimal stability. This causes our flexor muscle to contract and counterbalance.
5. Generic foam rollers and fitness balls are not specifically designed for spinal stretching and posture opening exercises.
1. ablespine’s unique design provides a longitudinal channel for your spine as well as head support to prevent injury to your neck. Its elevated nodules safely provide traction and extension to the thoracic spine.
2. ablespine provides an enormous, wrap-around surface area to lay on. This support safely minimises injury.
3. ablespine’s elevated nodules provide traction and extension through the spine, safely facilitating spinal alignment.
4. ablespine is a TGA assessed and registered class 1 medical device designed for spinal stretching and recovery.
Who can benefit from using ablespine?
Everyone from professional athletes to retirees can benefit from ablespine. As a TGA assessed and registered spinal orthotic, ablespine allows its users to safely stretch, realign, and improve their posture, no matter their body type. Regardless of where you are on your health and wellness journey, ablespine can be a safe and integral part of improving your mobility exercises and recovery.
When is it best to use ablespine?
Ablespine is a great tool to get you started for your day and/or to assist you in recovering at the end of the day. The ablespine mobility exercises are a great pre-workout to stimulate circulation to postural muscles and mobility in your spine. Stretching with ablespine is also a great way to recover after a heavy workout or a long stressful day.
How long do I need to use the ablespine before I see results?
You will notice results the first time you lay on the ablespine. Tight muscles will loosen and flexibility will improve immediately afterwards. Applying traction and extension to your upper back also helps release your nervous system from the fight or flight state (sympathetic dominance) so your body can get into a state of recovery for better healing, better sleep, and better performance. Long-term use helps reduce tension and improve and maintain great posture.
Where can l trial an Ablespine?
We have a number of stockists all around Australia where you can trial our product. You can contact us at [email protected] to find the nearest one to you.
What are the dimensions of the ablespine and what is it made of?
The ablespine is 57cms in length and made on an injected EVA foam ( similar to thongs / high quality gym mats). The density is firm enough to provide a good stretch without bruising soft tissue like hard plastic would.
Where do you ship from?
We ship from Elwood, Melbourne Australia. Orders are processed daily and can take up to 24 hours to ship depending on the time we recieve your order. We do not ship on weekends.
Standard shipping Orders placed by 9am will be shipped same day.
Express Post Orders placed by 1pm (Melbourne Time) will be shipped same day.
What are you shipping costs?
Currently we have 3 options for shipping:
• $10.00 Flat Rate - Standard Post (Australia Post / Fastway) Depending on your location, we expertly select the right carrier for you.
• $17.35 Express Post (Australia Post) – Although Aus Post - Express Post is not guaranteed during COVID-19, parcels have priority over Standard Post.
• Pick up from 97 Ormond Rd, Elwood.
Where can I find my tracking number?
When your items are shipped out with either Fastway or Australia Post, you should receive an automatic notification from the system via email providing you with a tracking number.
If you haven't received one or if the tracking number doesn't work, no worries. Contact us and we'll solve it! If you need more detailed information, please shoot us an email at [email protected] and we'll help you out!
In some instances the delivery may take longer than the standard shipping times.
Update Oct 2020: Currently there is a further 3-5 day delay of orders going to WA due to border closures. Please contact us if your package is taking too long to arrive and we will work with you to resolve it
Can I change or cancel my order?
We can not make any changes once your order has been confirmed. The window of time between when you place your order and when we start the process is small. We do however have a return policy.
How do I return or exchange an item?
We will accept returns for all undamaged items returned in their original condition and packaging within 28 days beginning from when our package is delivered to your address. It is the customers responsible for pay the return shipping costs.
We're confident the ablespine will meet or exceed your expectations but if you would like to make a return - please contact our support team at [email protected]